1904, William Shaw George
a pottery company in East Palestine, Ohio that he had previously leased
from the Sebring Brothers. The W. S. George Pottery Company
manufactured semi porcelain dinnerware as well as toilet and hotel
In 1910, the company opened a plant
Canonsburg, and another in Kittaning, Pennsylvania in 1914. The W. S.
George Pottery Company remained in operation for nearly 60 years.